by Marino – Brad Lynch on
New consoles. New games. New merch. Old memes. Just like you like it.
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host as we look back at the best user-created offerings from the week. Giant Bomb’s Extra Life content ended two weeks ago, but there are still community members streaming for the site’s team! Keep on the lookout for the Giant Bomb chat over the weekend as well as staff “surprise” streams for the site’s Extra Life account! We have a lot to talk about this week, so, let’s jump right into it!
- conmulligan is reporting a small update to the fan-made Giant Bomb video app for iPhone and iPad, Bomb Cyclone! Read all about what has been changed using the link!
- Giant Bomb Premium is ON SALE from 11/16-11/30! Use this opportunity to buy a premium subscription at $35 to re-up your current subscription or start a new subscription!
- Also, there is a store-wide merchandise sale on the Giant Bomb Emporium! Get coffee mugs, t-shirts, and hats at a 20% off price point!
- Finally, Giant Bomb is selling a new tracksuit! Pre-orders for this item will end on December 16th. Orders will start shipping approximately December 21st.
Extra Life 2020
- Giant Bomb’s Personal Extra Life Account– Even if Extra Life’s “Game Day” is behind us, that doesn’t mean there isn’t work to do! Giant Bomb’s personal account still needs help reaching its AMBITIOUS goal of $100,000 raised! If you have any money to spend, continue to donate until the end of the year!
- Giant Bomb Discord Extra Life Account – From Friday to Monday, members of the Giant Bomb Discord will be streaming games and hours of endless entertainment for the site’s Extra Life team! Donate if you can!
- Giant Bomb Extra Life Team Page – As mentioned earlier, the team overall has successfully reached its goal of $200,000 raised for Extra Life! Also, there are still a handful of team members that haven’t gotten their first donation! So, let’s kill two birds with one stone! Donate what you can to make sure EVERYONE on the team has at least $1 to $5 raised!
- Extra Life 2020 Stat Tracker – Want to know who raised how much money for Giant Bomb’s Extra Life team this year? Well, the stat tracker is here to save the day!
- My Personal Extra Life Account – I am a member of Giant Bomb’s Extra Life team and if you have enjoyed my work on the community Twitter or with the Community Spotlights, it would mean a lot to me if you donated. Even small amounts are appreciated! I still need help reaching my fundraising goal.
Galleria Of Art
jearum makes their welcome return with this Bugsnax themed version of the Brad photobomb meme! Don’t forget to use the link to share your appreciation for this work of art.
FredBonaparte commemorates Abby leaving Giant Bomb with a highly humorous web comic. Use the link above to thank them for this work of art.
Calling everyone playing Call of Duty: Black Ops – Cold War! There’s an online grouping thread on the forums you can join! Share your platform preference, region, and account name over there if you want to play with other GB users!
Our PS4/PS5 Marvel’s Avengers online community has another update for anyone playing the game on the PS5! Catch it and learn how you can play the game with other Giant Bomb users!
Moderator ZombiePie (oh hey, that’s me) is a huge fan of the Star Wars franchise and uses their latest blog on Giant Bomb to share five nerdy nitpicks and issues they have with the game! Also, they talk about the recently announced B-Wing content update!
bigsocrates uses their latest blog on the site to talk about permanently putting their Xbox 360 into their closet. Read their personal retrospective on the platform using the link below! Likewise, Watch_Dogs still stands as bigsocrates’s “least favorite game they have ever finished,” and for whatever reason, they decided to give Watch_Dogs 2 in prep for Legion. Read why they continue to struggle to find the appeal of the series.
You can always count on Mento to write up a storm! First they published another blog looking back at the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive! This time around they look at every game that released on the platform during November 1992. Mento also has a new episode of their “Indie Game of the Week” series, and this episode is all about Agent A: A Puzzle In Disguise! Read why they enjoyed their time but wish the game culminating to something great!
Discussion Threads & Forums
As the title suggests, what is your current or likely 2020 GOTY? Is it a AAA title or a smaller indie game? Share and discuss your pick with the rest of the community using the link above!
What is YOUR reaction to the news Hitman developer, IO Interactive, is set to make the next James Bond video game? Is it a match made in heaven, or a waste of IO’s talents?
Calling everyone who is playing Call of Duty: Black Ops – Cold War! How have you been finding the game’s multiplayer balance? Is there anything in the game you thinks needs to be changed immediately to make the game more fair?
So… uhhhhhhh… Bugsnax has an “ending.” How many of you want to talk about the “twist” in Bugsnax? If you do, here’s the link to the community discussion about it, and it goes without saying SPOILER WARNING!
We have an “interesting” discussion thread on the forums that has a lot of users sharing their perspectives. The topic: Will there ever be a great Superman game? Join the conversation and share what you think keeps preventing Superman from getting a truly great video game.
To users that picked up one, or both, of the next gen consoles, what have your impressions of this launch cycle? How do the games and consoles compare to previous console launches? Join the discussion using the link!
What do you make of the early rumors of a Witcher 4 getting announced after Cyberpunk 2077? Would you be excited to revisit the world of The Witcher video games with a different protagonist?
Elite: Dangerous is now free to download! Do any of you plan on checking it out as a result? Are those of you who are interested but don’t know where to start? Share why or why not with the rest of the Giant Bomb community.
Calling all PlayStation 5 owners! Which games do you think right now have the best and worst Dualsense integration or use? Share and discuss your picks for both and why you think that!
This is a call out to all of the parents in the community! Have any of you tested out the parental controls and settings with the next-gen consoles? What has worked for you? Share your tips and tricks with other parents on the site!
2020 has been a rough year for everyone, and to continue that roughness, Giant Bomb user Lazyaza decided to review all of the games from the year that disappointed them. Check it out and think about making your own list on the site!
Adrenaline holds a lot of nostalgia for the 1980s in terms of gaming. In honor of that, they decided to annotate all of their favorite games from the decade!
- @doomocrat‘s Yakuza: Like a Dragon review shares how the game “sold them” on Kasuga Ichiban as a protagonist and got them hooked despite their dislike for JRPGs.
- @riostarwind‘s Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns review shares how the game’s charm and lovable cast of characters makes up for the gameplay’s repetition.
- @twinky4746 uses their review of Journey to share why they regret waiting until now to play it and why they found it to be a perfect game to play during the pandemic.