Mid-Saturday update: PS5 restock for Saturday hasn’t happened yet, and that’s due to the fact that it’s extremely rare over the weekend. The good news is that we have a brand new way to track PS5 stock on Twitter. Many US buyers found successful.
Follow us for notifications on where to buy PS5 next – it has worked for others.
PS5 restock sold out at Best Buy. About 35% of my tweet replies are from people who got it! Shocking! 😮Follow & ♻️RT me + @techradar for instant PlayStation 5 tracking alerts 🚨 pic.twitter.com/S6fZmFGbDYFebruary 19, 2021
All weekend, we’re tracking PS5 restock from 12 different major retailers in the US. We may not see new stock until Monday or Tuesday but that’s why you follow us on Twitter. Earlier this week, we saw PS5 drop four times: Amazon on Tuesday, Sony Direct on Wednesday, Antonline and Best Buy both on Friday.
- Sony Direct: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition – had it on Wednesday
- Amazon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition – had it on Tuesday morning
- GameStop: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition – hasn’t had a restock – overdue
- Walmart: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition – way overdue
- Target: PS5 |PS5 Digital Edition
- Best Buy: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition – had it on Friday (many people got it)
- B&H Photo: PS5 |PS5 Digital Edition
- Sam’s Club: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition
- Newegg: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition
- Costco: PS5
- Adorama: PS5
- Antonline: PS5 – had limited bundles on Friday
Tip 1: Follow us for our PS5 restock Twitter updates above. You’ll get notifications on where you buy it next. We aim to tweet about new stock the first minute it becomes available to buy. See it really works:
This makes me happy. I’ve been seeing similar replies all night. The rest of you will get that PS5 restock too, and I’ll be happy to have played a small part. ❤️💪🏻 https://t.co/TtalBIhv1SFebruary 20, 2021
Tip 2: Tell us if you had success via Twitter. This helps people know what works and what doesn’t.
We’re checking for PS5 inventory at every major US retailer, including Sony Direct, GameStop, Walmart, Target and Best Best. There are 12 different stores we’re tracking so you can get the PS5 at its normal MSRP.
GameStop is an important one because it sells PS5 bundles. That remains all those resellers trying to turn a profit have to sell easy-to-buy games at full price. That’s a much harder resell opportunity for them – and a benefit to actual gamers.
Some ground rules for Sony Direct: Remember, whenever the PS5 restock in the US happens, it’ll send you into a virtual queue and it’s choosing people at random to buy the much-sought-after video game console. You’re not guaranteed to get one.
As we always warn, getting into the Sony Direct queue doesn’t mean you’ll find the console in stock. Most people will see “more than an hour wait” from the estimated wait time. That’s what the message reads for us. For others, they’ll see a queue of just a few minutes.
Here are more rules, according to Sony:
- First, you will need an active PSN account in order to complete the purchase.
- Second, you will have 10 minutes to buy the PS5.
- Third, “PS5 Consoles are now available but are not guaranteed even if you are in the queue,” according to Sony.a
Trust us, it’s serious about buying the PS5 within ten minutes. Make sure you have all of your information ready to go to buy PS5.