Apple held a short-but-sweet iPhone 12 event earlier today that covered five upcoming devices: the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro Max, and the new HomePod Mini. If you missed the livestream, we have a separate post coming to detail each new device’s hardware specs. In this post, however, we’ll be showing you when and where you can preorder the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and the HomePod Mini, and when they’ll be available on store shelves.
We all knew the iPhone 12 was coming, but we didn’t know what form the phone would take. Turns out Apple has been working on four models: the 6.1-inch iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro, a 5.4-inch iPhone 12 Mini, and the beefy 6.7-inch iPhone 12 Pro Max.
They all feature flat-edged aluminum bodies, XDR displays, 5G network support, and powerful cameras—especially the 12 Pro Max. The iPhone 12 and 12 Mini come in 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB models; the iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max will have 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB variants. You can read more about each phone’s specs and new features in our iPhone 12 hardware comparison guide.
G/O Media may get a commission
As for pricing, each phone naturally starts at different price points, but they’ll also be slightly more expensive on some carriers.
- iPhone 12: Starts at $799 (AT&T, Verizon, or unlocked), or $829 (Sprint or T-Mobile).
- iPhone 12 Mini: Starts at $699 (AT&T, Verizon, or unlocked), or $729 (Sprint or T-Mobile).
- iPhone 12 Pro: starts at $999 (all carriers and unlocked models)
- iPhone 12 Pro Max: starts at $1,099 (all carriers and unlocked models)
On top of the pricing differences, the preorder and launch dates also differ between the phones:
- Preorders for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro start Friday, October 16, and officially launch on October 23.
- iPhone 12 Mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max preorders go live on November 6. Both phones launch on November 13.
Apple opened the show with the new HomePod Mini, a spherical mesh speaker that Apple is pushing as an all-in-one smart home device akin to Amazon’s Alexa-powered Echo devices. The HomePod Mini is built for high-quality audio playback, but you can also use it to control your entire smart home setup and other Apple products with Siri commands.
The HomePod Mini will launch for $99. Preorders open November 6, and ship the week of November 16.