Recipe by Rachael Ray
This recipe originally appeared in our Winter/Spring 2021 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to finish: 40 minutes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 small bunches scallions, sliced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup thinly sliced kale leaves (ribs removed)
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- Simple Scallion Oil, optional
In large pot, stir first 3 ingredients over medium-high heat until scallions soften, 5 minutes. Add stock and milk. Boil until potatoes are tender, 20 minutes. Transfer to blender; blend until smooth. Transfer back to pot; stir in kale. Simmer over medium heat until kale is tender, 5 minutes; season. Garnish with bacon. Drizzle with scallion oil, if using.